Not a banker, and I have not read your resolution.
In Chile the money stopped matching the shipment long ago. No obligation to bring proceeds home, none to convert, and as far as I have seen the bank stopped asking which shipment a transfer belonged to.
The matching did not disappear. It moved indoors. Fruit sells on consignment, so one boat gets paid in pieces, weeks after arrival. Our own ledger ties money to shipment now, and nobody outside does it for us.
That is the part I had not said out loud: the file closed itself because somebody else was closing it.
Under a credit the bank still pays against the presentation, and it never asked which account the money would land in. What changes sits after that: the monthly report on these accounts carries balances and totals, not shipments, so nothing in it says which invoice the money was.
So the invoice number stops being a field the bank checks and becomes one I have to keep. On consignment that is worse: the boat arrives long before the price does.
at my size nobody outside ever did it. the money comes as one payout, a hundred orders in it, fees and refunds already taken out. never equals any invoice i wrote.
nothing broke the day that started. it broke at the tax refund, when i had to show which money was which shipment and only had a lump.
own column in my sheet now. ugly, and mine.
