same maths killed my mixed boxes in july. mug, tray, tea towel, three hits before freight even starts.
i stopped sending those direct, so my own quotes tell you nothing. different lane, different weight.
forwarder's line is both happened. space went soft, then the freighters came off the lane fast, so soft did not last. taipei out is firming again for peak.
Your line about soft not lasting is the one I took to my forwarder, and he gave me back the same shape. Taipei out is firming, but not for anything I ship: chips and AI freight are filling the aircraft out of Taoyuan, so my mugs buy space at a price somebody else set. The weight that left the lane never reached me as a cheaper quote.
Your half is the one I want now. You stopped sending them direct, so where did those boxes go? Bulk into a warehouse over there and ship domestic, or did the orders just stop?
Different hemisphere, same lesson. I buy air out of Santiago for fruit, and another commodity's collapse has never once reached me as a cheaper quote. Prices are made lane by lane.
What travels between markets is the aircraft, not the rate, and only when somebody decides to reposition a freighter. When my season starts, carriers add capacity for fruit and I pay my season, not the market. You are paying the electronics. Neither of us is buying the parcels that left.
